When you read the title of this video it might seem like an impossible thing to do for you. 10 minutes of me time everyday or 10 different ways to spend on yourself every day. I think it’s very important to cherish those moments that you can spend with yourself and give attention to how you’re feeling. Taking a moment to relax and reflect on the day is so important. Especially with the high burnout rate among all groups in society at the moment, I think this is key to fight it. So here are my 10 ideas to spend 10 minutes a day to yourself, besides going to the gym. Although here are 5 workouts you can do at home if the 10 ideas below don’t work for you!
- Go for a 10 minute lunch walk by yourself.
- Spend 10 minutes on your makeup in the morning, while you sit down behind your vanity.
- Have 10 minutes in the morning to sit down and eat your breakfast or drink a cup of coffee by yourself.
- Create a 10 minute Sunday pamper routine and do this every Sunday.
- Read 10 minutes in a book before going to sleep.
- Spend 10 minutes a day playing an instrument or listening to music.
- Meditate or practice mindfulness for 10 minutes a day.
- Listen to a motivational audio book or podcast for 10 minutes a day.
- Sit on a bench or walk in a park near your home for 10 minutes by yourself. (The sound of the birds can be so relaxing!)
- Try to solve a puzzle or sudoku for 10 minutes a day.
I hope that these 10 ideas gave you some inspiration on how to spend your me time. These are all activities that don’t include using your phone or any other electronic device that can distract you.
How do you spend your me time?